Update: The SMARTER* Clothing Project

As an educator, I know that we all have unique gifts, and I thrive on connecting people to their unique talents.  The most lavish gift I received as a child was the opportunity to explore and cultivate my interests.  My parents were in a position to provide me with the experiences and support that many of our youth have no access to.  When I began working with teens in 2002, I realized how rare my experience was, particularly in low-income minority groups, and this is why I am so passionate about connecting with those who may not have the same support in place. 

As a sustainable design entrepreneur, I am always scanning for opportunities to collaborate or leverage resources, and am expert at building cross-disciplinary teams to execute projects.  This Last summer, I had an incredible dovetailing experience through The SMARTER* Clothing Project - a strategic partnership aimed at reducing fabric waste, while inspiring creativity and entrepreneurship in New York city high schools and community groups.  Working with my client, the BK Style Foundation, and two eco-fashion designers, 

we developed a strategic three-point plan


and were also able to run a pilot program in the span of four months!


Special thanks to the BK Style Foundation for connecting us to William H Maxwell High School in East New York!


I'm really proud and excited about what we were able to achieve thus far, and looking forward to taking it to the next level - as time space and resources allow.

0 comments: